Looking for the best acne treatments for sensitive skin ? In this guide, we have Top 15 Best Acne Products for Sensitive Skin including some natural and home remedies.
Are you among one of those gloomy faces who are always worried about their skin? Does your skin betray you all the time? Are you sad that you cannot use most of the beauty products on the mall since they might not go along with you super sensitive skin?
Well, worry no more! Here are some of the world’s best products specially handpicked for your sensitive skin. Go ahead and try them! You’ll love them I bet!
The Best Acne Products for Sensitive Skin of 2017/2018
Individuals who have sensitive skin with acne can find it difficult to pick out the right acne products for their skin. This is because there are not only millions of products to choose from but also because their skin is sensitive and several of the products in the market react to their skin.
This in turn causes a more complicated skin condition to deal with. These group of individuals need to identify the best skincare products for those with sensitive and acne prone skin.
In this, individuals with sensitive and acne prone skin need to be very specific over what acne treatment products they buy in an effort to bring back that clear and healthy skin. While you can adopt a home remedy, it will probably take a while to obtain results.
The acne products will eliminate ingredients such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to prevent skin inflammation. It is recommended that you go for products that contain ingredients that are more natural. Several products promise to meet your needs but mere say is not enough.
You need to know that the product you are using will provide a solution that will work in the long-term. Remember, it is one thing to have acne prone skin and it is another to have acne prone skin that is sensitive.
In this, some acne treatments may worsen your condition when used on sensitive skin. To help narrow down your search, the following are some of recommended products to consider.
#1 Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion
This product is designed to serve best as a preventive measure for people who have sensitive skin and are prone to acne. It aims at preventing a break out. It serves the purpose of drying up acne pimples as well as clears acne blemishes to leave smoother skin.
Acne prone skin features lots of oil and to remedy this ailment, this product exfoliates pore blocking debris fast so that other goals can be met.
#2 La Roche-Posay Effaclar Dermatological Acne System
This product comes in a pack of three with a cleanser, toner, and acne spot treatment. It removes excess oil in an effort to help fight acne, clears clogged pored to help prevent formation of pimples, as well as aims at controlling acne through targeting bacteria without irritating your sensitive skin. With a Best of Beauty 2015 award, it has proven to be result-oriented.
#3 Desert Essense Organic Tea Tree Oil
Sensitive skin can dry out if exposed to products that do not address your skin’s condition. This product serves to clear blemishes while at the same time ensuring that it does not dry out your skin.
In addition to treating and clearing blemishes, it will also treat other skin concerns. It will also address issues such as bug bites and scrapes. Its added advantage is that it serves as an all-natural product so it does not react to your sensitive skin.
#4 Kiss My Face Break Out (Botanical Acne Gel)
This liquid gel is designed to treat acne while at the same time remain gentle to sensitive skin. It comes with organic ingredients to help clear blemishes and leave it healthy. Its cooling sensation provides a relaxing effect. It is highly recommended for facial use.
#5 Radha Beauty Tea Oil
This product comes as a 100% tea essential oil. This makes it a natural product to use to get rid of acne. It is versatile allowing you to use it for other skin conditions such as hair dandruff, pet lice, as well as makes fades away skin marks.
This essential oil is also used to relieve itching skin as well as remedy skin from bacteria. It natural nature ensures that it does not have any side effects. It will moisturize your skin as well as ensure it remains healthy.
#6 Murad Acne Kit
This product provides a three-step process to help combat sensitive acne prone skin. This is three-kit product that aims at reducing redness, strengthening irritated skin and eliminates blemishes.
The kit comprises of a moisturizer that minimizes redness, soothes your sensitive skin, soothing gel cleanser that is responsible for washing away irritants, and reduces inflammation, and an acne clearing solution that aims at diminishing redness and blemishes.
#7 Pure Lx Clear
This product for treating acne dark spot and it can be used by both men and women. Regular use not only treats acne but also leaves your skin smooth and beautiful.
Its cooling effect ensures that it does not irritate your sensitive skin. It minimizes the risk of a pimple infection, eliminates swelling and redness concerns that arise from acne. Application is easy and has a soothing effect to last in the long-term.
#8 JuJu Bar
This product is an ultra-mild 3-in-1 bar that aims at deep cleansing, exfoliating and healing your skin. It has a lower pH level so it does not irritate your sensitive skin while at the same time retaining that natural protective layer on your skin to ensure it remains healthy.
This is one of the mildest natural acne treatment products. It not only cleanses but also heals your skin from deep within. It will also remove dead skin cells.
With the inclusion of thermal mud and bamboo powder, they dissolve unwanted oil thus getting rid of impurities and pore clogging surface debris. In an effort to ensure it does not react to your sensitive skin, it is fragrance and soap free.
7 Best Sensitive Skin Care Products (Without Acne)
#1 Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash: Sometimes you have that itchy sensation on your skin after using your regular soap, right? This body wash would be a perfect replacement for your current soap.
#2 Olay Foaming Face Wash: Use this facial cleanser for acne if you have ultra-sensitive skin. It’s fragrance free and very mild on your skin.
#3 Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream: This vitamin enriched cream helps your skin to breathe enough oxygen that your skin would start to glow. You would be able to feel the difference within a few days.
#4 Honest Hand Soap: If your hand is sensitive to the regular hand soap, this cute little hand soap is ideal for you. They are completely made from pure plant based materials.
#5 Lumene Sensitive Touch Comforting Night Cream: After a long stressful day, your skin wants nourishment like you do. Use this cream at bedtime and wake up fresh!
#6 Jason Facial Cleanser: This natural substance based skin cleaner helps to cleanse your skin from deep within and remove dust. This one is also fragrance free.
#7 Lucas Papaw Ointment: If you are not satisfied with your moisturizer, use this ointment. This one has papaya extract that moisturizes your skin naturally.
Where to buy:
All these products would be normally available at your local super market, but if you can’t find one, you can always buy online. There are plenty of online stores for these products and you could get a good deal.
Sensitive Skin Care is Becoming More and More a Necessity
Even though more and more money is being spent on sensitive skin care research, there are still many people who have complaints about sensitive skin. The cosmetic and skin care industry promotes thousands of products yet do any of them work?
Are they simply ineffective or do people use them incorrectly? Has everyone been fooled into using products which do not work? The answer is maybe. Depending on how sensitive you are, there are some ingredients you will definitely wish to stay clear of … and some you should seek out.
For people with sensitive skin, finding the right solution to take care of their condition can be a challenge. Products ranging from organic to dermatologist approved can still irritate the skin. If you have been using a product and you know it is causing you irritation, chances are you have the wrong product.
A lot of so called natural products have essential oils (fragrances), chemicals and even alcohol which can further irritate your skin. There are indeed solutions for people with sensitive skin
There are solutions however. Biotherm manufactures a self foaming cleanser for people with sensitive skin. Other companies specialize in helping people with hypersensitive conditions like rosacea and have hypoallergenic products available.
In addition, if you find a product containing cosmetic grade argan oil you should consider trying it. Argan oil is know for its anti aging qualities. It is very soothing and has anti-inflammatory benefits. It make take some extra effort to find out what works for your skin
No matter how sensitive your skin is, finding the proper skin products is a bit of a challenge. In your experimentation, stay clear of products that contain AHA’s, BHA’s or retinols because they irritate the skin and can cause premature aging.
Also, make sure you look for any alcohols in the list of ingredients because you want to avoid that as well. That may reduce the list of available products to just a few. Depending on your condition though, getting soothing relief from sensitive skin is indeed worth the extra effort.
The Best Natural Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin
What is the best natural treatment for people with acne and sensitive skin? To find the best treatment, you have to understand your skin type first. Sensitive skin requires a gentler form of treatment. Here are some tips about the proper ways to care for your sensitive skin:
- Do not exfoliate your skin. Never use any harsh and abrasive tools and cleansers on your skin because they can worsen your acne problem. Any kinds of harsh tools can cause skin irritation and redness.
- If you have to use acne treatments, make sure to test and observe your skin’s reaction before you continue using any of these. Perform a skin patch test and allow your skin to get used to the product before applying the required dosage. Remember that even the best acne treatment can cause dryness and irritation when used inappropriately.
- If you find any leave-on treatments to be effective, you can continue using them, but it is best not to leave the products on your face for a long duration or overnight. You can still benefit from using the treatments, but wash your face after 10 up to 30 minutes. Leaving the products on your face longer than 30 minutes may cause damage to your skin.
- Do not apply or use too many skin care products at once. Instead of making the healing process faster, this technique may only cause irritation and other skin problems. Stick with one treatment as much as possible, unless your doctor advises otherwise.
- You can try acne home remedies if the problem is not severe, but when it becomes uncontrollable, immediately seek the help of a dermatologist.
Natural Acne Remedies for Your Sensitive Skin 2017/2018
There are three stages of acne – mild, moderate and severe. The good news is that there are various treatments that are available for each stage, but make sure that you are guided accordingly, so you can pick one which is suitable for your sensitive skin.
1. Mild acne
A few pimples and blackheads are visible when your acne is minor. Aside from trying natural treatment, you can also use over-the-counter acne products. To help you choose the right OTC treatments for your skin condition, make sure to look for these ingredients since they are effective in cleansing and clearing mild acne:
- Salicylic acid – It deals with blocked pores, minor breakouts and blackheads.
- Benzoyl peroxide – Choose the products with lower percentages of this ingredient. Too much of it can lead to dryness and peeling.
- Sulfur – It works by drying out your pimples, which means that you also need to use thiswith caution to avoid too much dryness.
- Alpha hydroxy acids – The acids won’t get rid of your pimples on their own, but they are effective in helping other ingredients work on resolving your skin problem. AHAs, such as glycolic acid, work by exfoliating your skin in a gentle manner.
2. Moderate acne
The condition is stubborn and OTC products may not work to clear your acne. This is characterized by continued breakouts despite the use of OTC products, persistent blackheads and zits, and inflamed blemishes.
Only one OTC product can help you in dealing with the problem, and that is Benzoyl peroxide, which works by reducing pore blockages and blackheads. The effect will only be visible after 12 weeks of continued use. If you can’t wait this long, you can ask your doctor for the best prescription medications. The usual prescription treatments that are effective in treating mild acne include the following:
- Topical retinoids
- Topical antibiotics
- Combination medications
- Oral antibiotics
- Oral contraceptives for adult women
- Spironolactone for adult women
3. Severe acne
Also referred to as cystic acne, severe acne is only treatable with the help of a dermatologist. This kind of acne is inflamed and painful, so get the necessary help as soon as you can. Proper treatment will not only clear the blemishes, but will also help in preventing scars from forming. OTC products will not work in this case. Your doctor will likely prescribe the same medications used in treating mild acne, but in higher dosages or more frequent application.
Homemade Acne Treatments to Heal The Sensitive Skin
For mild to moderate acne condition, you can try some of the gentlest homemade acne treatments. Make sure to test your skin first and proceed only when it responds well to the remedy. Here are some of the natural acne home remedies for adults with sensitive skin :
- Ice cubes – Just place the ice directly on the affected areas. The ice will work by reducing redness and by making the pimples less visible.
- White potato – Place the slices of raw white potato on top of the affected areas while you relax and lie down. Leave the potato slices for 7 minutes. This technique will work in reducing swelling.
- Egg yolk – You can use an egg yolk as a facial mask. Simply beat the yolk and apply this on your face using a clean and soft brush. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes, then wash it off completely. Perform this step only when you are not allergic to eggs. Make it a routine by applying it once a day for seven days.
- Oatmeal mask – Create your own by grinding a handful of oats in a blender. Mix it with a little water and use the mixture as a facial mask. This is soothing and will not cause skin irritations even if you have sensitive skin.
- Baking soda mask – Mix some baking soda and a little water to form a paste. Use the mixture as a facial mask. Allow it to dry before rinsing it all off using pure water. You can also use the mixture as a spot-on treatment. This means that you will only apply the desired amount directly over a pimple.
- Apples and honey – Mix a small amount of honey with grated apple. Apply this on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently wash your face after. If you find honey to be too sticky for comfort, you can opt to dilute it first with a little water before using it.
It can be difficult to get the best skin care product for sensitive skin hat deliver on functionality without drying your or irritating your skin. With the above products, you have the best products that produce amazing results.
You will look younger, feel more beautiful, as well as build your overall confidence. This is because they eliminate harmful ingredients, which may irritate your sensitive skin while at the same time controlling and treating your acne condition.
They aim at purifying your skin by eliminating impurities, stimulating new cell growth, feeding your skin with the right ingredients/nutrients, as well as protecting your skin from environmental stress. Keep in mind that they do not provide instant results but you should be able to see results gradually.
Read Also :