What is the best natural acne treatment for sensitive skin? To find the best treatment, you have to understand your skin type first. Sensitive skin requires a gentler form of treatment. Here are some tips from journal beauty about the proper ways to care for your sensitive skin:
1. Do not exfoliate your skin. Never use any harsh and abrasive tools and cleansers on your skin because they can worsen your acne problem. Any kinds of harsh tools can cause skin irritation and redness.
2. If you have to use acne treatments, make sure to test and observe your skin’s reaction before you continue using any of these. Perform a skin patch test and allow your skin to get used to the product before applying the required dosage. Remember that even the best acne treatment for sensitive skin can cause dryness and irritation when used inappropriately.
3. If you find any leave-on treatments to be effective, you can continue using them, but it is best not to leave the products on your face for a long duration or overnight. You can still benefit from using the treatments, but wash your face after 10 up to 30 minutes. Leaving the products on your face longer than 30 minutes may cause damage to your sensitive skin.
4. Do not apply or use too many skin care products at once. Instead of making the healing process faster, this technique may only cause irritation and other skin problems. Stick with one treatment as much as possible, unless your doctor advises otherwise.
5. You can try acne treatment for sensitive skin home remedies if the problem is not severe, but when it becomes uncontrollable, immediately seek the help of a dermatologist.
Best Natural Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin 2017
Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin Adults
There are three stages of acne – mild, moderate and severe. The good news is that there are various treatments that are available for each stage, but make sure that you are guided accordingly, so you can pick one which is suitable for your sensitive skin.
1. Mild acne
A few pimples and blackheads are visible when your acne is minor. Aside from trying natural acne treatment for sensitive skin, you can also use over-the-counter acne products. To help you choose the right OTC treatments for your skin condition, make sure to look for these ingredients since they are effective in cleansing and clearing mild acne:
• Salicylic acid – It deals with blocked pores, minor breakouts and blackheads.
• Benzoyl peroxide – Choose the products with lower percentages of this ingredient. Too much of it can lead to dryness and peeling.
• Sulfur – It works by drying out your pimples, which means that you also need to use thiswith caution to avoid too much dryness.
• Alpha hydroxy acids – The acids won’t get rid of your pimples on their own, but they are effective in helping other ingredients work on resolving your skin problem. AHAs, such as glycolic acid, work by exfoliating your skin in a gentle manner.
2. Moderate acne
The condition is stubborn and OTC products may not work to clear your acne. This is characterized by continued breakouts despite the use of OTC products, persistent blackheads and zits, and inflamed blemishes.
Only one OTC product can help you in dealing with the problem, and that is Benzoyl peroxide, which works by reducing pore blockages and blackheads. The effect will only be visible after 12 weeks of continued use. If you can’t wait this long, you can ask your doctor for the best prescription medications. The usual prescription treatments that are effective in treating mild acne include the following:
• Topical retinoids
• Topical antibiotics
• Combination medications
• Oral antibiotics
• Oral contraceptives for adult women
• Spironolactone for adult women
3. Severe acne
Also referred to as cystic acne, severe acne is only treatable with the help of a dermatologist. This kind of acne is inflamed and painful, so get the necessary help as soon as you can. Proper treatment will not only clear the blemishes, but will also help in preventing scars from forming. OTC products will not work in this case. Your doctor will likely prescribe the same medications used in treating mild acne, but in higher dosages or more frequent application.
Homemade Acne Treatments
For mild to moderate acne condition, you can try some of the gentlest acne home remedies. Make sure to test your skin first and proceed only when it responds well to the remedy. Here are some of the gentle natural acne treatment for sensitive skin:
1. Ice cubes – Just place the ice directly on the affected areas. The ice will work by reducing redness and by making the pimples less visible.
2. White potato – Place the slices of raw white potato on top of the affected areas while you relax and lie down. Leave the potato slices for 7 minutes. This technique will work in reducing swelling.
3. Egg yolk – You can use an egg yolk as a facial mask. Simply beat the yolk and apply this on your face using a clean and soft brush. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes, then wash it off completely. Perform this step only when you are not allergic to eggs. Make it a routine by applying it once a day for seven days.
4. Oatmeal mask – Create your own by grinding a handful of oats in a blender. Mix it with a little water and use the mixture as a facial mask. This is soothing and will not cause skin irritations even if you have sensitive skin.
5. Baking soda mask – Mix some baking soda and a little water to form a paste. Use the mixture as a facial mask. Allow it to dry before rinsing it all off using pure water. You can also use the mixture as a spot-on treatment. This means that you will only apply the desired amount directly over a pimple.
6. Apples and honey – Mix a small amount of honey with grated apple. Apply this on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently wash your face after. If you find honey to be too sticky for comfort, you can opt to dilute it first with a little water before using it.