With all the different health products out there, you really can’t blame anyone for wanting to find the best multivitamins for women available on the market. Multi vitamins provide healthy combinations of various vitamins that can really help you with many different health problems, if used correctly.
Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of quality products available, as well as their diversity and specific recommendations associated with their main uses, pinpointing the finest products can be difficult. However, as long as you’re equipped with some best practice advice from experts, you should be able to find the supplements that work best for you specifically.
Important Considerations about Multivitamins
The first thing you need to know before starting your search for good women’s multivitamin is that a multi vitamin will not replace a healthy diet and exercise plan. The products work best when used together with a good meal, and can often provide surprisingly positive results, particularly if you’ve done your best to research the greatest vitamins for women suffering from the same problems and conditions as you, and who also have the same age and body type.
Also, taking the supplements can help you save a lot of money, especially since buying individual bottles of single vitamins, like vitamin C or A can cost a whole lot when purchased separately. In such cases, it can even be difficult to be able to learn about and use the recommended dosages.
Evaluating the Best Multivitamins for Women
When attempting to find the perfect multivitamin, it would make sense to start with the most popular products available. So let’s take a look at what some of the top experts and publications in the industry believe are the very best multi vitamins:
- One-a-day Women’s is considered one of the most complete multi vitamins available, being held in high regard by experts from Women’s Health magazine and consumerlab.com. The product features an extra dose of Calcium, and also contains Vitamins D and A, as well as folic acid and iron.
- Another significant candidate is GNC Women’s Ultra Mega – an affordable alternative to most well-known brands that has stolen the spotlight and is considered by many to be the best supplement for women who need an extra dose of calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Mother Nature Women’s Basic Multi is another good option, if you need a basic dose of vitamin D, iron and folic acid. The special quality to consider about this supplement is that it’s vegetarian friendly. It’s also quite affordable, even if you’re on a budget.
- If you’re suffering from motion sickness, morning sickness caused by pregnancy, and possibly even nausea induced by chemotherapy, ginger based multi-vitamin pills should be of great help. Experts consider, however, that it is not to be taken after surgery.
- Finally, probably the best women’s supplement over 50 is Ginseng. This supplement is known for promoting immunity, improving memory and thinking, and even helping to prevent various forms of cancer or regulate blood sugar levels in women suffering from diabetes.
Of course, you have to remember to always check with your doctor to see whether you can take these supplements, and ask which one of them might help you the most. Even the best women’s multivitamin for women will not be of much use if it causes side effects or complications.
Best Multivitamins for Women
Choosing the best women’s multivitamins can be very confusing. Well, owe that to the fact that there are multitudes of multivitamin supplements to pick from in the market. There are a couple of things to bear in mind to make the choice successful. Above, all, you have to make sure that the vitamin is formulated especially for women.
First things first – these women’s multivitamin supplements should have the proper nutritional balance that a woman needs to be at her best. The vitamins and minerals should support not only essential functions of life but should create a sense of balance for women as well. Also, you have to make sure that these health supplements have the right ingredients incorporated in it.
A Rundown of 6 Tips in Choosing Good Women’s Multivitamins
The tips in choosing the best are like the tips in making a purchase. You have to be equipped with the right tools before even buying one from the market. Follow these tips in order to decide on the right multivitamins for yourself.
1. It should contains all the essential vitamins your body needs
The best multivitamins should contain all the essential vitamins and minerals that a woman’s body needs. According to the latest in nutritional science research, women need at least 30 vitamins and minerals and a rich essential fatty acid formula.
2. See to it that the formula is natural
What exactly do we mean with being natural? When it comes to women’s multivitamin supplements for women, a natural formula is one when the ingredients are extracted from plant sources and not those that are developed in a laboratory. This is easier for the body to absorb and make use of. It should not have dyes, allergens, preservatives and chemical. Make sure that the formula does not contain lead and mercury as well.
3. Check on the bioavailability of the product
Another confusing term isn’t it. Bioavailability measures the vitamin’s absorption rate. There are some multivitamins which are not easily absorbed and ends up passing through your body without releasing much of what your body needs. It is then important that you choose the multivitamins that contain enteric coatings. This will keep the tablets intact until such time that they get through the intestines where they can then be absorbed properly.
4. Go for a reputable manufacturer
You have to be sure that you are buying the multivitamins from a reputable company. Those are companies that are known for their quality and integrity and there are those which are simply scams degrading the reputation of those who have established their names in the business. If you know that the company has a good reputation then for sure you will buy their product.
5. The product should also be laboratory tested
Multivitamin supplements for women should have gone through a series of laboratory tests. This is to ensure that it contains those that are indicated on its label. This can also prove that the product is effective.
6. Look for More than just Vitamins and Minerals
Women need vitamins that include herbal extracts and other natural ingredients that have something to do with energy, aging and hormones. Green tea and gingko biloba are examples of such extracts. Green tea is an antioxidant that helps fight the effects of aging and diseases while ginkgo helps increase blood flow to the brain.
Additional Pointers in Choosing Multivitamins for Women
Women need a lot of iron in their body because of their monthly menstruation. This incident in a woman’s life causes the levels of iron to fluctuate. When iron is low, women may become more prone to injuries.
So iron should be included in their multivitamins. Minerals should also be included in the package. The best examples are calcium for their bones and folic acid when they are pregnant.
Another thing to consider is to look at what it contains. Reading the label is important. There are notes in there that may warn you as to the intake of the supplement.
If you are looking for the best women’s multivitamins that can support bone health, you may opt for Ultra Herbal Women’s Health Formula. This multivitamin for her contains calcium, vitamin D and herbal extracts that produces natural effects in women. It can help sustain bone health while ensuring reproductive health as well.